In a commitment by Amazon to help preserve the natural world, they created a program highlighting certain brands and products, awarding certifications for meeting sustainability standards such as carbon footprint reduction, energy efficiency, and waste reduction.
If your products qualify for Climate Pledge Friendly, you’ll receive a badge on your product listings which helps customers identify sustainable products on Amazon. Getting this badge for your listings can be a great way to stand out from your competition if they don’t meet the same sustainability standards.
- What is Amazon Climate Pledge Friendly?
- How to qualify your products for Amazon Climate Pledge Friendly
In our Q2 2022 Consumer Trends Report, we asked which reasons influence consumers to shop from their favorite brands over others, and 26% selected “this brand is committed to sustainability” — ranking fourth behind low prices, high quality and brand familiarity.
For customers looking for products that are better for the environment, it may lead to a boost in your sales.
In this article, we’ll review what the program is, the Climate Pledge Friendly Certifications, and how to apply for the Climate Pledge Friendly Program.
What is Amazon Climate Pledge Friendly?
Amazon Climate Pledge Friendly is a sustainability program that helps customers find and buy more sustainable products on Amazon.
The program works by partnering with trusted third-party certifications and creating its own certifications to highlight products that meet sustainability standards and help preserve the natural world.
There are over 50 different certifications that can qualify a product for the Climate Pledge Friendly label. These certifications cover a wide range of sustainability matters, including:
- Reduced carbon footprint: Products that have a lower carbon footprint than similar products on the market.
- Recycled content: Products that are made with recycled materials.
- Sustainable packaging: Products that are packaged in a way that minimizes environmental impact.
- Fair labor practices: Products that are made in factories that meet fair labor standards.
If your product(s) meet the Climate Pledge Friendly requirements, they will qualify for the Climate Pledge Friendly badge, which shows customers that your products are sustainable.
By highlighting products that meet these standards, Amazon aimed to encourage more sustainable consumption choices among its customers.
What are the benefits of the Climate Pledge Friendly program?
Here are some of the benefits of getting the Climate Pledge Friendly label for your products:
- Increased visibility. Products with the Climate Pledge Friendly label are more likely to be seen by customers who are looking for sustainable products. Customers can shop from specific certifications and are featured in a dedicated section on Amazon.
- Higher conversion rates. Products with the Climate Pledge Friendly label may have higher conversion rates than similar products that do not have the label – but not 100% guaranteed. If your competitors do not have the same label, it may encourage a customer to purchase from you instead.
- Better brand reputation. The Climate Pledge Friendly label can help to improve your brand reputation as a company that is committed to sustainability.
How to qualify your products for Amazon Climate Pledge Friendly
In order to qualify for the Climate Pledge Friendly program and receive a badge on your listing, you must receive a certification from one of the sustainability certifications Amazon has partnered with or developed.
To begin the process of certification, review Amazon’s list of certifications to find which ones match your product or sustainability objective and work with them directly.
The certifiers send frequent updates to Amazon to identify Climate Pledge Friendly products, so if your product qualifies, you should be automatically included in the program and receive the badge on your listing.
If for some reason your product does not receive the badge after qualifying for a certification, here is how you can fix it:
In Seller Central, go to the top right and click on Help.
Next, scroll down and click on Get Support, then Selling on Amazon.
Below this form, click on browse for your issue in the menu.
Click on Products, Listings or, Inventory then Climate Pledge Friendly.
Here, explain the issue to Amazon and state the certification you received.
Once you have this information filled out, open a case with Seller Support, and they will get back to you as soon as possible.
Do you sell sustainable products on Amazon?
Getting a Climate Pledge Friendly badge for your Amazon products is a great way to show your customers that you care about the environment and that your brand is doing things that work towards sustainability.
We hope this article gives you a better understanding of the Climate Pledge Friendly program and how to qualify.
Do you have more questions about the program? Let us know in the comments.