Engineering Manager, Big Data Systems
At Jungle Scout, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs and brands to grow successful e-commerce businesses, and we provide the industry-leading data, powerful tools, and resources they need.
We’re growing and we are looking to add an Engineering Manager to our fast-paced and customer-oriented Enterprise Engineering team.
Location: We’re a remote-first company and looking to hire this person anywhere between the PST - EST timezone.
Interested in learning more? Let’s get into the details:
What You’ll Do:
- Lead, mentor, manage, and reward software engineers at all levels to create a high performing team.
- Support the creation of performant, maintainable, horizontally scalable, and accurate data systems that support Cobalt, Jungle Scout’s Enterprise SaaS product.
- Deep dive into issues to unblock your teams.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to design interfaces that support data integrations from the core Jungle Scout data systems at scale.
- Hold a high bar for engineering excellence through design reviews and application of best practices in conjunction with Staff and Principal engineers.
- Manage stakeholders' expectations across job functions and levels.
- Define and monitor metrics on the performance, quality, and cloud cost optimization of your team’s data systems.
- Contribute to Jungle Scout’s roadmap and enterprise data strategy.
Who You Are:
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible engineering teams.
- Excited to build online, big data systems that serve Jungle Scout’s enterprise customers at scale.
- Skilled at diving into technical problems through code review, debugging, and writing queries, but prefer to increase your impact by empowering your team.
- Experience with modern data architectures (data lakes, stream processing, etc).
- Experience with modern DevOps practices.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience building infrastructure on a Cloud platform (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- People leader. Experience managing teams of individual contributors through multiple performance cycles.
- Experience managing a team that’s running Spark clusters on cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with deploying infrastructure as code with SDKs like AWS CDK, Terraform, or Pulumi.
- You have worked with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience working with e-commerce datasets and a general understanding of the e-commerce ecosystem.
- Experience working at a growth startup.
About Jungle Scout
Jungle Scout is the leading all-in-one platform for selling on Amazon, supporting more than $8 billion in annual Amazon revenue. Founded in 2015 as the first Amazon product research tool, Jungle Scout today features a full suite of best-in-class business management solutions and powerful market intelligence resources to help entrepreneurs and brands manage their e-commerce businesses. Jungle Scout is headquartered in Austin, Texas and supports 10 global Amazon marketplaces.
The Jungle Scout team is a group of smart, motivated, and fun-loving professionals working hard to help our customers achieve success. We have a remote-first culture with employees across the world as well as in our hub offices in Austin, TX; Vancouver, BC; and Shenzhen, China. We believe team members should have the opportunity to choose the work environment that works best for them, so we give our team members the option of working from home, at one of our hub offices, or from a co-working space.
We offer workplace flexibility, competitive compensation packages, 401K/RRSP matching, generous vacation, and professional development to help you thrive in your career. The entire Jungle Scout team also gathers for annual all-expenses-paid retreats — past locations have included Bali, Bangkok, Vietnam, Budapest, Mexico, Colombia, and Costa Rica. Check us out!
We prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Jungle Scout, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Jungle Scout is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All offers of employment at Jungle Scout are contingent upon clear results of a comprehensive background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates prior to start date.