Senior Full Stack Engineer (Remote)
At Jungle Scout, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs and brands to grow successful e-commerce businesses, and we provide the industry-leading data, powerful tools, and resources they need.
Do you define a great day as getting sh*t done and having fun working with your team?
Do you have a thirst for breaking down complex initiatives into achievable project plans?
Do you thrive when you're contributing to a high-performing, humble team?
Amazing, then you’re the type of person we’re looking for!
We’re growing and we are looking to add a Senior Full Stack Engineer to our fast-paced and customer-oriented Seller Features team.
On the seller features team at Jungle Scout we are constantly innovating, iterating and shipping products to help our customers win big on Amazon. We provide sellers with industry-leading tools and features to help them manage their Amazon e-commerce business.
We’re a remote-first company and looking to hire this person anywhere between the PST - BET (GMT-3) timezone.
Interested in learning more? Let’s get into the details:
In the Senior Full Stack Engineer role, you will:
- Architect and build:
- Cutting edge front end experiences leveraging React/Redux
- Resilient backend services that power our seller features using modern web frameworks (our seller stack is predominantly built with Ruby on Rails, but as a company we have also embraced Python, and Typescript systems)
- Technical design documents for building out new seller features with cutting edge scalability and security in mind
- Make recommendations around:
- Technologies and architectural patterns to be used for new and existing services and applications
- Developer experience (you have a track record of upholding high software standards across your team)
- You will work with a remote team of Software Engineers, Product Managers and UX Designers to plan the delivery of features, bug fixes, and other requirements.
- Participate in agile scrum meetings and retrospectives to constantly improve the team process
Who you are:
You’ve done this before.
- You’re a seasoned full stack engineer, who loves to ship end to end features all the way from the User Interface to the backend services that bring the UI to life using modern frameworks like React and Ruby on Rails
- Hands on experience deploying, monitoring and maintaining high traffic services on AWS or other modern public cloud platforms
- Know your way around SQL, common table expressions and index optimizations do not scare you
You are customer focused and have an eye for good user experiences.
- You love to collaborate with UX designers and product managers to bring beautiful designs to life and deliver them into the hands of customers <3
- You have deep empathy for your users and love to actively participate in prioritization and impact discussions to deliver the most customer value!
You’re a master communicator.
- Fluent in both written & verbal English
- Able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Love to share knowledge and exchange ideas and best practices with your team
- Do not shy away from taking and giving feedback
You’re an autonomous remote-work pro.
- Remote work is in your DNA, you know how to work effectively in remote work settings, Slack and Zoom are your best friends and you know how and when to effectively use them!
- You love to be part of a collaborative and winning team! You are disciplined, responsible, collaborative and take extreme ownership of your work and great pride in your craft!
- You are passionate about developer experience and love to improve tooling and developer ergonomics on top of building amazing customer features
About Jungle Scout
Jungle Scout is the leading all-in-one platform for selling on Amazon, supporting more than $8 billion in annual Amazon revenue. Founded in 2015 as the first Amazon product research tool, Jungle Scout today features a full suite of best-in-class business management solutions and powerful market intelligence resources to help entrepreneurs and brands manage their e-commerce businesses. Jungle Scout is headquartered in Austin, Texas and supports 10 global Amazon marketplaces.
The Jungle Scout team is a group of smart, motivated, and fun-loving professionals working hard to help our customers achieve success. We have a remote-first culture with employees across the world as well as in our hub offices in Austin, TX; Vancouver, BC; and Shenzhen, China. We believe team members should have the opportunity to choose the work environment that works best for them, so we give our team members the option of working from home, at one of our hub offices, or from a co-working space.
We offer workplace flexibility, competitive compensation packages, 401K/RRSP matching, generous vacation, and professional development to help you thrive in your career. The entire Jungle Scout team also gathers for annual all-expenses-paid retreats — past locations have included Bali, Bangkok, Vietnam, Budapest, Mexico, Colombia, and Costa Rica. Check us out!
We prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Jungle Scout, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Jungle Scout is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All offers of employment at Jungle Scout are contingent upon clear results of a comprehensive background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates prior to start date.