What would you say if I told you that you can sell new products through FBA for free? You’d probably say I’m full of—never mind.
The point is, that statement is true! Amazon is now offering free storage, free removals, and free return processing for a limited time for new-to-FBA ASINs.
On top of that, if you are completely brand new to FBA, meaning you’ve never sold a product using Amazon’s fulfillment services, you can qualify for up to $200 in sponsored ad clicks and a $100 discount on Amazon partnered carrier shipping. Pretty awesome, right?
This is a great opportunity for brands to test out brand new products without the worry of accumulating storage fees if they don’t sell right away.
In this post, we’ll go over the benefits of the FBA New Selection program, the requirements to become eligible, and how to enroll your products.
What are the benefits of the FBA New Selection Program?
The FBA New Selection Program is designed to make product launches easier and more cost-effective for Amazon sellers. This not only encourages brands to introduce new products to the marketplace, it also allows sellers to essentially test out FBA without worrying about additional costs right away.
For those new to Fulfillment by Amazon, it’s an incredible service that gives sellers access to Amazon’s widespread fulfillment network and storage facilities. With FBA, sellers can provide a better customer experience and streamline their businesses by outsourcing recurring fulfillment tasks — Amazon will store, pick, pack, and ship your orders, as well as handle customer service and returns processing for you.
While this is all great, the fees associated with FBA can add up very quickly — especially if your inventory sits in storage for a while.
This is where the FBA New Selection Program comes in. Here is the full list of benefits you can expect, per Amazon’s help page:
One of the biggest benefits here is that you can enroll as many new FBA products as you’d like! Amazon used to limit this program to just 500 new-to-FBA products (which is still a lot). If your brand is pumping out new products every month, this is a cost-effective way to get them to market and test the sales.
Am I eligible for the FBA New Selection Program?
Sellers and their products need to meet certain criteria in order to be eligible.
- You must have a professional seller account. You cannot enroll with an individual account.
- You must have an IPI (inventory performance index score) over 400.
- If you are new to FBA and don’t have an IPI score yet, you are still eligible.
- To continue receiving the benefits from the program, you must maintain your IPI score. If it falls below 400, you will be removed from the program.
- You must be eligible for the program on the date that your first new-to-FBA ASIN is received at a fulfillment center in order for that product to qualify.
- Standard-size and oversize (including small, medium, and large oversize, but not special oversize) items are eligible for the program.
- Parent ASINs must be new to FBA. New child ASINs are excluded from the program.
- Media categories such as Books, DVDs, Music, Software & Computer/Video Games, Video, Video Game Consoles, and Video Game Accessories are not eligible.
- Used items are not eligible.
- Only ASINs in the Apparel and Shoes categories are eligible for free return processing.
- Bundling existing ASINs is excluded from the program.
- Your new ASIN must have been received at an Amazon fulfillment center after the program start date of April 1, 2021.
If you are unsure if your product is eligible for the New Selection Program, use Amazon’s New-to-FBA product search tool.
How do I enroll in the New Selection Program?
Enrolling in the program is very simple — as long as you have a professional seller account. If you don’t, you’ll need to upgrade your account to take advantage of the program benefits. .
To enroll in the program, simply go to the FBA New Selection page and click on “Enroll now.”
And that’s it! The benefits will automatically kick in if your products meet the program requirements.
This is the page you will see after enrolling:
If your products and account meet the requirements, the benefits should start kicking in within a day or so.
Launch new products and save money on fees
Enrolling in the New Selection Program is really a no-brainer. It is a great, lower-risk way to launch brand new products on Amazon.
Want to just test out 50 units of your new private label product? Enroll in the program and send them into FBA.
Do you have any more questions about the New Selection Program? Let us know in the comments.