Are your conversion rates suffering due to lack of social proof? If you only have a handful while your competitors have tons, my guess is that they are.
Learning how to get reviews on Amazon is a skill every seller needs to have in this competitive marketplace. The bottom line: Amazon reviews are worth their weight in gold.
While it’s not necessary to have the most, a good base number of Amazon reviews can greatly affect Click-Through and Conversion Rates. Shoppers are drawn in more easily and reading positive experiences from others increases their confidence in buying.
Admit it, you can’t help but be intrigued by a product with 200 reviews rather than one with five. It’s human nature!
In addition to product reviews, seller feedback becomes increasingly important when there are multiple sellers of a single product. Although product price is still a factor, the social proof of having more and better reviews can easily tip the scale in your favor.
If You Want to Know How to Get Reviews on Amazon, You Should be Aware That They’re Harder Than Ever To Get, unless You Think Ahead!
Frustratingly, it’s becoming increasingly hard to quickly get reviews. Amazon’s updated Terms of Service (TOS) means incentivizing reviews is now a big no-no!
For this reason, it’s essential to start using smart strategies to get reviews on Amazon. That way you won’t jeopardize your account and can continually build social proof with less effort.
So today, we’re going to show you how to get reviews on Amazon using five simple hacks.
How to Get Reviews on Amazon Using Five Simple Hacks
How to Get Reviews on Amazon Hack #1: Bundle Products – Include a Freebie or Build a Set
Bundling products together can offer two key advantages for Amazon sellers:
- Higher Perceived Value – Bundling complementary products together, or including a small freebie, is a great way to provide greater value to a customer. It also provides an opportunity to separate yourself from your competition and attract more sales.
- Greater Customer Satisfaction – Including an additional product can improve the experience of the primary one and is a sure way to boost overall satisfaction.
Bundling products together will improve your customer’s experience, attract more sales and ultimately lead to more Amazon reviews than sellers who don’t. Get this right and you’ll really stand out!
Amazon’s Detailed Bundle Guidelines states that bundles must consist of products that, when packaged together, enhance or ease the overall customer experience.
How to Get Reviews on Amazon Hack #2: Free Content and eBooks
Many sellers can be seen using ebooks to increase their product value, improve customer experience and attract more sales. This works reasonably well, but what about surprising them after the sale?
Merely offering a free ebook may give you a slight advantage on the front-end, but surprising buyers after the sale can have a stronger emotional effect. After all, we love to get more than what we bargained for!
This powerful spike of emotion and surprise can be a driving force for getting reviews on Amazon. It’s really not hard to pull off either:
- Create a free eBook or complementary content. Help customers get the best out of your product and provide additional value. If you’re too busy to make your own, you can find a freelancer on the Jungle Scout Market to help design your eBook or PDF.
- Set up an automated email delivery of this ebook for every new customer. Learn how to send great Amazon follow up emails to your customers in this blog post.
- Let the Amazon reviews roll in.
How to Get Reviews on Amazon Hack #3: Ask For Reviews
Product inserts have been subject to heated debate amongst FBA sellers. Some say they are breaking Amazon’s TOS but others say they are not.
In fact, the use of product inserts is legal with respect to Amazon’s TOS. Deferring sales transactions, however, is not. Therefore, you absolutely cannot encourage customers to purchase off of Amazon.
That being said, product inserts are a great way to get reviews on Amazon. Since they have already bought the product, you’re simply asking for a review based on their experience.
Here are some quick tips for getting the most out of your Amazon product inserts:
- Focus on a single objective; get that review on Amazon.
- Be clear and concise; don’t overload them with information or instructions.
- Ask them to contact you if they have a problem (instead of leaving a bad review).
Check out this Amazon Product Insert Best Practice Guide for even more tips.
How to Get Reviews on Amazon Hack #4: Prioritize Quality So You Can Have a “Review Worthy” Product
This is probably the most crucial step in how to get reviews on Amazon; having a high quality product! After all, how can you expect to gain positive reviews for a product that doesn’t exceed customer expectations?
If your product provides a sub-par or merely average experience, what will they have to rave about?
Source High-Quality Products
Focus on sourcing and selling high-quality products from the beginning. Ask yourself if you would be happy to receive and use these products. If the answer is no, look to upgrade or update your product.
Awesome products will magnetize reviews on Amazon. Even if customers forget, reminders will be far more effective.
Demonstrate Product Superiority
What problem(s) does your product solve? What makes it desirable and delightful for customers?
Reiterate the answers to the above-questions in your product listing, packaging and inserts. Customer will naturally pick up on these and write reviews based on these statements.
Let’s say you’re selling natural lip balm. You could talk about how great their lips will look and feel while using it. You could go further to say how it will boost their confidence or even improve their love life. Customers pick up on these emotional feelings and bring them through into their reviews.
How to Get Reviews on Amazon Hack #5: Leverage Social Media and Focus on Customer Experiences
Establishing your brand on social media is a great way to expand presence and get reviews on amazon. Being active socially and encouraging others to share experiences works wonders for trust. It’s a great way to encourage customers to get involved and sing your praises.
Here are a few tips for getting the most out of social media:
- Build a brand page and following on popular networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
- Be active by expressing your brand personality and remain professional.
- Post regularly and share interesting content to attract your target audience.
- Create a brand hashtag and encourage customers to use it for sharing their new products.
- Run contests and giveaways where entrants must share their experiences to enter.
- Ask your customers for reviews!
Time To Start Getting Reviews on Amazon
Let’s not kid ourselves, getting reviews on Amazon is still one of the biggest challenges us FBA sellers face. But even though it has gotten more difficult, it’s still very achievable when you implement these five strategies into your overall business plan.
Everyone is in the same boat so it’s a level playing field. However, you can gain a great advantage over your competitors by putting in a little extra work up front. Better yet, continue to receive product reviews and seller feedback while you sleep!
Have any more ideas for attracting organic amazon reviews? We’d love to hear about your experiences in the comments below.