Introducing Jungle Scholar
Are you a business or computer science student with entrepreneurial spirit? Do you have innovative ideas for SaaS or digital ecommerce products?
The Jungle Scout team are excited to announce a new charitable initiative – offering scholarships to students in the US who are studying in business, entrepreneurship and computer science related fields.
Giving back to the community is something I place huge importance on. As alumni from Auburn University, I built the foundations and some of the skills that I have since used on my journey to becoming a business owner and creating Jungle Scout.
I wanted to offer scholarships towards something the whole team feel passionate about, and live and breathe every day. So it was decided to offer scholarships for budding entrepreneurs, business owners and developers.
In terms of fundraising, the company will be backing the scheme. In addition, we wanted to allow our amazing community of Amazon sellers to get involved, so we’re selling Jungle Scout T-shirts on Amazon, with 100% of the profits proceeding to the fund.
Greg Mercer, Founder & CEO
The scholarship will run as following:
Applicants will apply for funding each semester
Applicants will be studying at, or preparing to study at an accredited University in the US
The fund will be a minimum of $2000 per selected applicant, per semester
Applicants will be required to submit a short video, plus a SaaS or ecommerce related business idea
Jungle Scholar winner will have access to quarterly coaching call with Greg Mercer
100% of the profits from our Jungle Scout T-shirts (sold on Amazon of course) will go directly into the Jungle Scholar fund
The first round of applicants will be for the Spring Semester 2017
Deadline: February 10th 2017
Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms carefully and ensure that you understand the conditions of the scholarship.
Jungle Scout reserves the right to withdraw the scholarship if students are subsequently found to be ineligible or if these terms and conditions are not adhered to.
Jungle Scout reserves the right to amend its scholarship provision without notice.
1.1 Applicant requirements
As a Jungle Scout Scholarship holder you are required to:
- Accept the scholarship by the given deadline. Jungle Scout reserves the right to withdraw the offer of a scholarship if it is not accepted by the given deadline.
- Meet any conditions attached to your academic offer.
- Register on your academic course by the given start date, as specified in your application. Scholarships may not be deferred to the following semester or academic year.
- Be registered as a full-time student at an accredited College or University in the United States
- Be registered as a student in the fields of Business, Entrepreneurship or Computer Science. All related fields will be considered and must be specified in the application.
- Utilize the awarded scholarship to fund your studies in your particular field and/or to fund a particular project. This can include tuition fees, equipment and books and living costs as a student.
- Make satisfactory progress on your programme of study. The scholarship is subject to satisfactory progress.
- Repay the scholarship amount, pro-rata, if you withdraw from your course before completion of the semester.
- Agree to send Jungle Scout an update of your academic progress half way through the semester which has been awarded funding and attend a personal coaching session with Greg Mercer
- Agree to Jungle Scout contacting you at the end of the semester for an update on how the scholarship has influenced your studies.
- Agree to Jungle Scout contacting you on or after your graduation to find out how the scholarship has helped to influence your career.
Please note that this Scholarship will be funded by profits from the sale of our product on Amazon, and backed by Jungle Scout. Applicants awarded any scholarship funding will be responsible for their own tax liability.
We will publish details of the name of winner, title of award, course title and academic school on the Jungle Scout website.
Applicants will be selected anonymously by an internal committee, based on merit, strength of application and reason for applying for funding. Winners will be contacted by email.
Your contact details will not be given to any external organization or third party (ever), and will only be used to contact you about the outcome of your application.