Senior UX Designer (Remote)
At Jungle Scout, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs and brands to grow successful e-commerce businesses, and we provide the industry-leading data, powerful tools, and resources they need.
We’re growing and looking to add a passionate Senior UX Designer to our nimble and customer-focused product design team based in Vancouver, BC.
Location: We’re a remote-first company and looking to hire this person anywhere between the PST - EST timezone.
Interested in learning more? Let’s get into the details:
As the embedded designer on a product sprint team, you’ll:
- Partner with product managers, engineers, data scientists, marketing partners and researchers to deliver best-in-class product features and flows to Jungle Scout’s customers
- Solve large, complex data visualization problems with simple, elegant, customizable experiences
- Understand the end-to-end customer journey, the friction points within, and how your proposed solution impacts that path and others.
- Produce process flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and interactive prototypes in a quick, iterative, sprint-based environment
- Design for desktop, mobile and multiple breakpoints
- Help develop, manage and refine Jungle Scout’s Design System
- Present deliverables to leadership and stakeholders, communicating your design thinking and decisions
- Partner with UX research to formulate generative and evaluative research studies to validate design hypotheses; when necessary, coordinate testing efforts, interpret test results and incorporate results into report documents and designs
- Work cross-functionally with other designers to ensure quality and consistency of work; participates in peer reviews and critiques to influence the quality of design deliverables and thinking across the team
- Stay on top of digital trends, emerging technologies, and new tools to continually improve the teams\' position as experts in usability.
Who you are:
- Empathetic Designer. You have a strong grounding in user-centered design processes, leveraging data and research insights to identify important user needs and then solve them. You are passionate about creating elegant and meaningful interfaces that are intuitive and useful.
- Collaborator. You do your best work when partnering with team members across disciplines from Engineering, Business, Marketing, and Customer Experience. You are excited about empowering customers to build successful businesses selling online!
- Owner. You do what needs to be done, whether that’s diving deep to understand requirements or technical restrictions, crafting and moderating your own research studies, or working with marketing on copy and messaging.
- This isn’t your first rodeo. We believe experience is best measured in results and intensity (not years), but you need to have been in this game for some time (we're thinking about 5 years of directly related experience in addition to a bachelor’s degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Information Science or equivalent work experience). You’re well-versed in working on product teams in iterative & agile software development environments and you have:
- Expertise with Figma and other prototyping tools
- Proven and demonstrable experience with data visualization for complex data systems
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver against role responsibilities, working with minimal guidance and direction in a fast-pace environment
- Experience working remotely and successfully leading online design jams or collaborative sessions a plus
Working at Jungle Scout
- The BEST team.
- Remote-first culture.
- International Meetups.
- Access to Jungle Scout tools & experts.
- Performance Bonus.
- Flexible Vacation.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits & Retirement Program.
We prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Jungle Scout, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Jungle Scout is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All offers of employment at Jungle Scout are contingent upon clear results of a comprehensive background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates prior to the start date.