Senior Manager, Data Science
At Jungle Scout, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs and brands to grow successful e-commerce businesses, and we provide the industry-leading data, powerful tools, and resources they need.
Do you enjoy working on models and systems that drive hundreds of millions of dollars in investment, advertising, and product decisions for our customers?
Do you get excited designing systems that train hundreds of models per week and serve over 6m predictions per day?
Are you interested in fostering a data science culture of experimentation, collaboration, and incremental delivery?
Amazing, then you’re the type of person we’re looking for!
We’re growing and we are looking to add a Senior Manager, Data Science to our fast-paced and customer-oriented Data team.
We’re a remote-first company and looking to hire this person anywhere between the PST - EST timezone.
Interested in learning more? Let’s get into the details:
In the Senior Manager, Data Science role, you will:
- Lead full-stack data science teams made up of Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Machine Learning engineers who own the model lifecycle from end-to-end.
- Foster a high bar in customer thinking and analytical rigor through selective hiring and mentorship.
- Partner with other data teams to ensure your team has the data and infrastructure to be successful.
- Collaborate with Customer Success and Sales to help tell Jungle Scout’s data story to our customers.
- Measure the success of your team and their models through a set of KPIs that you create and refine through analysis and experimentation.
- Contribute to Jungle Scout’s data strategy through analysis, ideation, and collaboration with Product.
Who you are:
- Leader. You have led multiple data science teams in different problem spaces and can lead projects and teams with minimal guidance.
- Mentor. Track record of mentoring and promoting high performing data talent.
- Creative Thinker. You can think outside of the box to solve problems and create solutions for our customers at different levels of sophistication.
- Analytical. Proven ability to analyze and derive insights from large data sets.
- Production-Minded. You have led teams that have deployed models at scale through multiple iterations. Your teams have built and deployed MLOps solutions to automate the model lifecycle.
- Customer Focused. You have a proven ability to frame data science and analytics problems through the lens of the customer.
Bonus Points if have:
- Experience in Ecommerce
- Experience with AWS
- Previous hands-on experience building cloud-native machine learning systems
About Jungle Scout
Jungle Scout is the leading all-in-one platform for selling on Amazon, supporting more than $8 billion in annual Amazon revenue. Founded in 2015 as the first Amazon product research tool, Jungle Scout today features a full suite of best-in-class business management solutions and powerful market intelligence resources to help entrepreneurs and brands manage their e-commerce businesses. Jungle Scout is headquartered in Austin, Texas and supports 10 global Amazon marketplaces.
The Jungle Scout team is a group of smart, motivated, and fun-loving professionals working hard to help our customers achieve success. We have a remote-first culture with employees across the world as well as in our hub offices in Austin, TX; Vancouver, BC; and Shenzhen, China. We believe team members should have the opportunity to choose the work environment that works best for them, so we give our team members the option of working from home, at one of our hub offices, or from a co-working space.
We offer workplace flexibility, competitive compensation packages, 401K/RRSP matching, generous vacation, and professional development to help you thrive in your career. The entire Jungle Scout team also gathers for annual all-expenses-paid retreats — past locations have included Bali, Bangkok, Vietnam, Budapest, Mexico, Colombia, and Costa Rica. Check us out!
We prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Jungle Scout, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Jungle Scout is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All offers of employment at Jungle Scout are contingent upon clear results of a comprehensive background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates prior to start date.