Amazon sellers, new or experienced, will always need help along the way. Whether you need help optimizing your listings, handling logistics, launching new products, or simply needing technical support, something will always pop up.
As an established Amazon seller, you may have heard of Amazon Strategic Account Services (SAS) Core, which gives third-party sellers access to an account manager inside of Amazon.
If you are just starting as an Amazon seller, this service will not be for you.
In this article, we’ll explore what Amazon SAS Core can do for you, who it is for, the pricing, and the pros and cons.
What is Amazon SAS Core?
Amazon SAS Core is an account management service provided directly by Amazon – giving sellers access to a dedicated account manager to help them scale their business, reach new customers, and increase sales.
Each Amazon store that enrolls in SAS Core will have a trusted Amazon advisor who works with you to understand your business goals and provides guidance on how to achieve them.
They will help you optimize your product listings, prepare for holidays and big sales events, identify new opportunities, provide exclusive merchandising and promotional assistance, provide operational support, and much more.
Who is Amazon SAS Core for?
SAS Core is designed to help brand owners, and resellers do business in Amazon’s U.S. stores. This means you do not need to be enrolled in Brand Registry to use SAS Core.
To be eligible for the program, sellers must have a Professional Selling Account and must be selling products on Amazon.com (U.S.) to participate.
Amazon also states, “SAS is recommended for sellers who opened their Professional Selling Accounts more than 12 months ago.” This does not mean you cannot apply to the program, but Amazon will likely only work with more experienced Amazon sellers.
While there is no specific monthly revenue sellers must have in order to apply, this program likely only makes sense for businesses doing multiple six or seven figures per year based on the cost. More on that in the next section.
What does Amazon SAS Core cost?
Having a dedicated Amazon account manager comes with a pretty hefty price tag.
The cost for SAS Core is $1,600/month + 0.3% of your total sales in the previous calendar month + tax.
Fees in any month will cap at $5,000.
The total cost each month for SAS Core will depend on your monthly sales revenue.
Say your previous months sales were $100,000. The total fee for Amazon SAS Core that month would be $1,900. ($1,600/m + 0.3% of $100,000).
Is Amazon SAS Core worth it at that cost? Well, that is up to you as a business owner to decide. To help you decide, let’s weigh the pros and cons of the program.
Pros and cons of using Amazon SAS Core
With any program or service offered by Amazon, there will always be pros and cons that you need to consider. While you may get a lot with SAS Core, the price is steep. Let’s go over the pros and cons of Amazon SAS Core.
Pros of Using Amazon SAS
- Dedicated account manager. With Amazon SAS, you get a dedicated account manager who works at Amazon to help accelerate your Amazon sales and to provide top-notch support. Your manager can help with many aspects of your business, including deals, advertising & merchandising, fulfillment, conversion growth, and global expansion.
- Global expansion. Amazon SAS provides tools and support to help you expand your business globally. This can be a great opportunity for sellers who are looking to grow their business and reach new markets.
- Direct contact. With a dedicated account manager working with you, you will have direct contact with them whenever you need support. Your account manager is available to you by phone and email, including scheduled monthly check-in calls to review your business plan and goals.
- Merchandising assistance. Your account manager will advise you on a few Amazon deal types, including Coupons, Lightning Deals, 7-Day Deals, Deal of the Day, and Prime Exclusive Discounts. If you are a SAS Core member, Amazon will also cover one Lightning Deal or 7-Day Deal fee per week. Deal of the Day can be a huge benefit as your deal will have an ideal placement.
- Information about new programs. Your account manager will let you know about programs, pilots, and betas within Amazon that may help you grow your business. You may even be able to test out new programs before other sellers.
Cons of Using Amazon SAS
High cost. Amazon SAS is a paid service, and the pricing can be high for some sellers. This can be a barrier for sellers who are just starting out or who have a limited budget. And note that there is no free-trial period.
Minimum 3-month contract. If you sign up for Amazon SAS Core, you will need to commit to at least 3 months in the program. We suggest working very closely with your account manager during this time to ensure you get the most value out of the program.
No preferential treatment. Some sellers may see this as a con, but Amazon will not provide you with different or preferential treatment when it comes to their policies. Amazon’s selling policies are equally applied to all sellers, regardless if you’re enrolled in SAS Core.
Your manager will have other clients. While you will have access to an Amazon insider who helps grow your business, they’re likely also working with a few other sellers. Depending on how busy they are, receiving a call or email back may take a while. Though we can say, it is much better than contacting Seller Support.
If you would like to know more information about the Amazon SAS Core program and have any questions, you can speak with a sales representative from Amazon.
How to enroll in the Amazon SAS Core program
Before enrolling in SAS Core, you must fill out a form and speak to a sales representative first. This person will go over any questions you may have about the program and help you enroll if interested.
To contact Amazon about SAS Core, go to the Strategic Account Services page and click Contact us.
Once you click Contact us, you will be brought to this contact form:
Someone from Amazon will contact you soon after.
Will you sign up for an Strategic Account Services on Amazon?
We hope this article gives you a better understanding of the Amazon SAS Core program, how it works, and if it is worth it for your business.
Do you have any more questions? Let us know in the comments!
Want to get started doing keyword research and launch your own products on Amazon? Jungle Scout’s essential data and suite of tools will help you win on Amazon.