Due to Covid-19, many upcoming seller conferences have been postponed. We have updated our calendar to reflect those changes. Check back regularly for more event updates.
Whether you’ve just started selling on Amazon or you’ve been at it for over a decade, it can be difficult to keep track of all the dates, holidays, and important days you need to know. Fortunately, we’ve got the solution for that: the 2020 Amazon Seller Holiday Calendar!
With this resource, you’ll know months in advance all the key FBA holiday selling dates to help you decide when you should prepare for certain holidays, seasons, and Amazon deadlines.
And in addition to saving and earning more cash in 2020 by staying organized, you’ll also have an edge over your competitors!
The 2020 Amazon Seller Holiday Calendar
Use this calendar to stay informed of major global holidays and seasons impacting your Amazon business.
Simply add our Google calendar to your own to automatically import all Amazon Seller Holiday Calendar dates into your system. Plus, by adding our calendar to yours, you’ll also be able to:
- Set your own alerts to take action;
- Click for more details and helpful resources;
- And receive automated updates when new key dates or events are added.
But, if you prefer, you can also check out the list below for many of the major FBA dates and considerations for 2020.
And as the year progresses, we’ll add more to the list. Just come back regularly to view new dates!
Key FBA holiday selling dates in 2020
- January 1 – New Year’s Day
- January 24-30 – Chinese New Year (Spring Festival)
- January 30 – Deadline to send tax form W-2 to employees and IRS
- February 2 – Super Bowl Sunday
- February 14 – Valentine’s Day
- February 17 – President’s Day
- February 29- Deadline to file 1099s via mail with the IRS (form 1096) and Leap Day
PLUS: In February, start preparing for Prime Day (August).
- March 15 – Deadline to file S-Corps (form 1102-S) and for partnerships (form 1065)
- March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day
- March 26-29 – Double Third Festival (China)
- April 1 – Deadline to file 1099s electronically with the IRS (form 1096)
- April 4-6 – Qingming Festival (Tomb-Sweeping Day, China)
- April 12 – Easter Sunday
- April 15 – Deadline to file corporate tax returns (form 1120)
- April 30 – RetailX Social Strategy webinar
PLUS: In April, start preparing for back-to-school season (August).
- May 1-5 – Labor Day (China)
- May 5 – RetailX Keyword webinar
- May 6-9 – Virtual Seller Summit
- May 14 – RetailX Conversion webinar
- May 19 – RetailX Automated Bid webinar
- May 21 – RetailX Customer Experience webinar
- May 10 – Mother’s Day
- June 15-24 – Canton Fair Online
- June 21 – Father’s Day
- June 25-27 – Dragon Boat Festival (China)
- July 4 – U.S. Independence Day
- July 16-18 – SellerCon (conference)
PLUS: In July, start preparing for Black Friday and Cyber Monday (November 27 and 30, respectively) and the holiday shopping season.
- Back-to-school and start of autumn shopping season
- August 31 – September 2 – Prosper Show
- [Typically two days in mid-July, but postponed due to coronavirus] – Amazon’s “Prime Day”
- September 15 – Last day to order inventory for Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and the holiday shopping season
- October 1-8 – Golden Week (China)
- October 15-November 4 – Canton Fair (conference)
- October 31 – Last day to order inventory before Chinese New Year
- October 31 – Halloween
- TBD – Amazon Selling Partner Summit (usually late October)
- November 1 – Last day to get inventory to Amazon warehouse for Black Friday/Cyber Monday and the holiday season
- November 11 – Singles Day (China/Alibaba)
- November 26 – U.S. Thanksgiving
- November 27 – Black Friday
- November 30 – Cyber Monday
- December 10-18 – Hanukkah
- December 24 – Christmas Eve
- December 25 – Christmas
- December 31 – New Year’s Eve
Quarterly reminders for 2020:
- Turn in tax statements (if your state runs on a quarterly schedule)
- Perform a quarterly performance review on your brand
- Estimate inventory turn rates
Monthly reminders for 2020:
- Check Inventory Manager
- Look at inventory age and remove accordingly
- Send new inventory if you have backup stock
- Place orders for additional inventory accounting for any upcoming holidays/obstacles
- Review PPC charges for the last 30 days
- Use Sales Analytics to check profitability levels
- Run Amazon reports to see which keywords are converting
- Make adjustments in Amazon PPC
- Adjust budgets
- Review your Profit & Loss (P&L) statements
- Gather receipts, expense reports, etc. for your accountant
- Audit your Amazon transaction reports
- Check on your long-term storage fees
How can you get the calendar?
It’s so easy! All you have to do is click on the ‘+ Google Calendar’ button in the lower right-hand corner of the calendar above.
Then, log into your Google account and click the ‘Add’ button. That will add it to your own Google calendar automatically and you’re done!
Syncing to iCalendar
While there is currently no way to sync our 2020 Amazon Seller Holiday Calendar with iCalendar (iCal) without having a Google calendar account first, if you do have an active Google calendar account you should be able to sync the seller calendar by going through the following steps:
- First, open iCal on your computer. If it isn’t already included on your dock, open your ‘Applications’ folder and double-click the calendar icon.
- Once the calendar opens (it should open automatically when you double-click the icon in ‘Applications’), select ‘Preferences’. If you don’t see that option, you can access ‘Applications’ by clicking the command and comma keys at the same time.
- Next, in ‘Preferences’, choose ‘Accounts’ in the top left-hand corner to the right of ‘General’. From there, click the plus sign near the bottom left-hand corner of the window.
- After clicking the plus sign a new window will appear. Choose ‘Google’ from the list of calendar providers and click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Once the next window opens, and to automatically sync your Google calendar to iCal, add the gmail address attached to your Google calendar account and type in your password.
- And if you want a specific Google calendar to sync to iCal (like the 2020 Amazon Seller Holiday Calendar), select your account from the sidebar and click ‘Delegation’ above Account settings.
- Lastly, simply decide which Google calendar you want to sync and click to add. Close ‘Preferences’ and you’re done!
Good luck in 2020!
Hopefully you’re excited to start your Amazon business strong in 2020. And to get you going, be sure to check out our 2020 Amazon Seller Tips. It will help to start your new year off right.
If there are any specific dates you think we should add in, let us know in the comments.